This improvement programme has been designed by NHS Improvement’s ACT Academy and is provided in collaboration with NHSI and HFMA specifically for NHS finance staff in England.
As a finance professional you have a particularly valuable skill set for QI projects, and therefore a vital role to play in the success and sustainability of service improvement.
What is QSIR?
QSIR (Quality, Service Improvement and Redesign) Practitioner is a five day programme (spread over five months) aimed at providing you with the know-how to design and implement more efficient and productive services and processes. It covers tried and tested approaches, tools and techniques. You will work on a real change project in your organisation or system throughout the programme, allowing you to apply your learning immediately, which in turn accelerates personal and organisational learning and supports teams to build your evidence-base for further change at pace.
Who is it for?
This cohort of QSIR Practitioner is designed to support finance professionals of all levels to work on an improvement project together with a clinical or service management colleague. Participants are invited to attend as pairs.
What are the benefits?
- join a practical hand-on programme to build your skills and knowledge
- gain broad experience of the tools you can use for quality improvement
- build your relationship with clinical colleagues
- receive support on a project of benefit to your organisation
- raise your profile with your executive sponsor
- enhance your CV
- Enable you to initiate, progress and work towards completing a quality improvement project through the development of your service improvement and redesign skills and knowledge.
- Provide you with up-to-date knowledge on proven quality and improvement tools and techniques.
- Give you confidence to develop creative and innovative ways of meeting patient needs and improving quality of care.
- Provide you with confidence to lead others to plan and deliver quality and service improvement projects.
- Ensure service improvement is linked to patient care and/or organisational aims.
Click here to apply for a place on this programme (deadline 15 January)
If you need more information on the programme itself please contact NHSI.ACT@nhs.net and enter ‘HFMA QSIR Practitioner’ in the subject bar to help us direct your query appropriately.
Participants who attend all five days in full will receive a certificate of attendance. Non-attendance at a workshop will incur a cancellation charge.
This programme is provided free to NHS finance staff in England. However, it does not include any hotel or travel costs which will be the responsibility of your host organisation.