This week we are launching our NE & YH buddy scheme - this is open to all finance staff across the region so please do share in your organisations and networks! A pdf file is included on this blog which can be forwarded on for sharing the details, which are as follows...
FFF North East, Yorkshire and Humber Buddy Scheme
It's been a tough 18 months across the NHS, and with covid recovery and the white paper changes ahead, it's likely to remain challenging in NHS Finance for some time. This is where our brand-new buddying trio scheme comes in!
Our aims with the buddy scheme are -
- To develop small mutual support networks across our community
- To provide opportunities to talk to someone in a different area, ICS, role and organisation type, improving awareness and understanding of others across our diverse network
- To give you somewhere to have a chat about something that is on your mind, separate from your own organisation and those close to your work area
- A place to celebrate your successes and share work you're proud of
- To provide supportive relationships as we move through structural change
- To give a different perspective on the current situation in the NHS through sharing and contrasting your experiences
Details of the scheme are as follows -
- The scheme is open to all finance staff across the North East, Yorkshire and Humber network – you don't need to have any prior involvement with FFF
- Each 'buddy trio' will be made up of 3 people who agree to virtually meet and catch up on a regular basis – it is up to you to decide between you how often this would be beneficial
- There is no specific purpose or agenda for your meetings – the aims above might give you some pointers but it is completely up to your trio how you use your time – and this is likely to evolve over time
- We will aim to put together trios that include different organisation types, roles and geographic locations – to give you a different perspective and help us develop understanding across our diverse NHS Finance community
- Trios will be matches in waves – the first matching will take place following a closing date for expressions of interest on Friday 22nd July, with a second wave after a closing date of Fri 27th August.
To join the buddy scheme please email email@example.com including your name, role, organisation and email address by Friday 22nd July for inclusion in our first set of trios.