The aim of this work stream is to facilitate and engender clinical, finance and citizen engagement in reducing waste and delivering high value care by:
- Actively working with professional groups to build awareness, mobilise knowledge and to identify specific areas of focus.
- Engaging in discussions with those delivering the efficiency programme, Right Care, the new nursing strategy, Choosing Wisely, the NIHR, and identifying and taking up opportunities for shared working.
- Learning from national and international experience and developing a directory or manual of good practice examples.
- Harnessing the value maker community to share messages and good practice in the finance community.
- Building a culture of responsibility amongst professional staff groups by including information about adding value and reducing waste in finance and clinical educator training.
- Building citizen awareness.
- Working with the NIHR and the NHS RD Forum in the reduction of waste in research and the delivery of the Adding Value Project.