A key aspect of the diversity workstream is to support and enhance the careers of finance colleagues with "protected characteristics", as defined by the Equality Act 2010. Its focus will be on helping those colleagues to achieve their potential and ensuring that finance leaders today and in the future are representative of the diverse workforce within NHS finance. This will have real tangible benefits for individuals and organisations and will be a huge contributor to improving the quality of patient care.
This programme focuses on removing the disparity between band grades across the whole of the finance function for all groups (protected characteristics) over time. We cannot aim for anything less than equality of opportunity and this is the underlying target of this programme.
Actions and deliverables will fall under the following themes:
- Challenging behaviours and changing culture
- Access to and greater visibility of role models and mentors
- Establishing Networks for protected groups
- Continued communication and profile via a regular series of events and workshops
- Sharing good practice on pay equality and flexible working
- Embedding a positive accountability framework
- Changing the way organisations carry out recruitment processes
- Ownership at top level within organisations via our DoF networks and accreditation processes
- Marketing and communications
We have established a Diversity Delivery Group that meet quarterly. The group have helped set out our KPIs and ambition for the programme and will continue to support us with the work going forward.
If you are interested in being involved in this workstream, and/or joining the delivery group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org